The 2nd International Symposium
on Diversity and Conservation of Asian Orchids
- In Conjunction with:
Tsukuba Botanical Garden
The Japanese Society for Orchid Science
Botanical Gardens Conservation International
The auspices of IUCN/SSC Orchid Specialist Group, Japan Branch
Tsukuba Orchid Society
- 3 November 2006
- Tsukuba Botanical Garden, Exhibition Building, 3rd Floor
URL of the venue: http://www.tbg.kahaku.go.jp/
- Registration fee:
- Admission to the garden only
- Opening address
- Masahiro Kato (Director, Tsukuba Botanical Garden)
- "Life history studies for the conservation of Nervilia nipponica in Japan"
- Stephan Gale (Royal Botanic Gardens, Kew)
- "Conservation genetics of wild orchids in Hong Kong"
- Mei Sun (University of Hong Kong)
- Poster session
- "Reintroduction of indigenous orchids in the suburbs of Tokyo"
- Kazuo Oonuki (Ran Network Japan)
- "Mycorrhizal assosiation of a mycoheterotrophic orchid, Cymbidium macrorhizon"
- Yuki Tsujita (Tsukuba Botanical Garden)
- "Wild orchids across Tokyo"
- Hiroshi Nakayama (The Japanese Society for Orchid Science)
- Closing address
- Shunji Kako (President, The Japanese Society for Orchid Science)
Please contact Tomohisa Yukawa (firstname.lastname@example.org), Secretary of the Symposium, for further information of the Symposium.